Taormina, city of art and sea, that fascinates and seduces every traveller, is a luxury destination for those who love to meet every summer at the tables of some elegant open air coffee shop, or on the panoramic terraces of a characteristic restaurant.
For further information you can visit the Taormina.it website
Via Nazionale, 105 - 98039 Taormina
Tel: +39 0942 572800/02 - Fax : +39 0942 572803
Please fax the reservation form to +39 0942 572803 to request your lodging to the Atahotel Capotaormina.
Other Hotels in Taormina
How to get there
Taormina is Sicily's main tourist destination; it is well serviced by important roads as well as by train and is also conveniently reachable by plane.
- By plane: The International Airport of Catania (CTA) is 50 km from Taormina. The airport offers connections with all the major Italian and European cities, including all the capitals. From the airport the Alibus shuttle service goes to Catania station every 20 minutes. There is a direct bus available from Etna Trasporti linking the Airport with Taormina. Please refer to the Web Site for timetables and fares.
- By train: Taormina is on the Messina-Catania line with direct and very frequent trains going both ways. If you are coming from Palermo or from other cities in Sicily, you will have to change trains. From Rome there are some direct trains for Taormina (via Naples), the trip lasts 9-10 hours. For times please consult the Trenitalia site or call the green number 89 20 21.
- By car:
- From Palermo take highway A19 Palermo-Catania and continue on A18 until destination.
- From Siracusa take the state highway 114 to Catania and then take highway A18 until the exit at Taormina.
- From Agrigento take state highway 640 for Caltanisetta, continue then on highway A19 to Catania and then get on the A18 until destination.
- From Trapani take A29 towards Palermo, continue on A19 Palermo-Catania and then take A18 up to destination. Those coming from Continental Italy must continue on highway A3 Salerno-Reggio Calabria and exit on Villa San Giovanni to board the ferries that go to Messina.
- From Messina, highway A18 will get you in no time to Taormina.